Monday, August 30, 2010

fall inspiration


Fall-Must-Haves, or at least as far as I'm concerned:

Sweaters of all sizes, shapes and patterns. Personally, I've been looking for a wonderful over-sized black and white striped sweater that's actually in good shape. You'd think it wouldn't be so difficult, but you'd be wrong.

Lace. I want everything to be lace. There is nothing bad about lace.

Muted, cool colors and earth tones. There's something really wonderfully demur about this color pallet that, to me, is exactly what my fall's going to call for. Maybe the powder blue is a little more winter than it is fall, but the hell if I care. That fresh and easy addition of color to the rather typical earthy tones will really stand out without being too loud and hopefully it'll look new and original.

The mod/50's feeling is to be blamed on Mad Men (I finally started getting really into it a few weeks back.)

I can't wait to start putting looks that fit into this inspiration board together. Unfortunately, a day like today in the mid-80's doesn't really allow for sweaters or gloves. How sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment