Friday, July 3, 2009

you look like you've seen a ghost...


So summer has finally decided to show up here in New York and I still can't help myself when it comes to dark colors. I wore this outfit on a play-date with a friend in her beatifully manicured backyard. I think the reason I just can't stay away from navys and blacks for too long is because I think they stand out against the bright colors of summer. Not to mention I'm painfully pale no matter how hard I try and some times colors wash out any color I've got, and that's not a lot.

I love this dress but it's not quite my size. The Peter Pan collar and button detail on the back closure are so darling, but the hips are a bit on the large side and I don't fill the dress in like it should be filled. I decided to add a belt to give myself a more flattering silhouette. The belt makes it bunch a bit more than I'd like. The dress is far too beautiful to ruin by trying to take it in myself, so I'm holding off for a bit of spare cash to get it taken in.

I think I'm going to try harder to stay away from such dark colors during the day and look out for more light floral prints. Oh and I'm going to work on my tan.

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Vintage.
Belt: lovely old Chinatown.

What I'm Listening To:
"Sometime Around Midnight" Airborne Toxic Event

Photos by Anjuli.

2 comments:

  1. This dress is worth it! I too have a hard time matching the seasons... I just wear what ever dress I'm in the mood for, and then people act like I'm nuts? I don't know, just seems like a waste to hide it in your closet all season long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I always seem to wear dark colours in the summer (whih is just silly since I live in Southern California)and light colours in the winter. I love the dress! It looks like something Wednesday Addams would wear. I'mm all about the Wednesday Addams look! Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete